Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Anna and The French Kiss


*Just wanted to thank ellie for recommending this book. I'm so glad you did!
TITLE Anna and The French Kiss
AUTHOR Stephanie Perkins
RATING 10/10
SYNOPSIS

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

MY COMMENTS

I love this book. I REALLY love this book. I want to take this book for a romantic stroll by the Seine,  then go home and cuddle with it kind of love. First of all, I'm sooo happy that the plot took place in Paris, because just like the book, j'adore Paris! It reminded me why I took French in the first place; the beautiful landmarks, the food, the boys, the language, the feel of magic in the air...shall i go on? Also, Anna is just so relatable, not to mention the emotions she goes through! It's hard enough dealing with leaving behind all that you love, but when heartbreak, betrayal, and hurt kick in, it's hard not to lose it. Of course, this emotional roller coaster isn't all bad! There's also, love, lust, beauty, and absolute CUTENESS! Don't get me wrong, this story, just like the title, is extremely cheesy and completely goes along with the whole, "girl meets boy, girl falls in-love" plot/cliche. But, I don't mind this at all, since it is also, raw, real, and genuine. Although, me being a total cheese ball might have helped a little... Let's just cut to the chase. Throughout this story, I laughed, I cried, I swooned; what more can you ask for? I recommend you go grab your coziest blanket/body pillow, a cup of hot chocolate, and get to reading, because I'm telling you guys, this story will stay with you forever!<3

-J

4 comments:

  1. Loved your review. This is one of my favorite books this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. Its one my favorite reads, too. I found it very realistic..and I so love the guy she meets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this site. It is always nice when you find something that is not only informative but entertaining. Greet!

    Take a look here Smart people 2

    ReplyDelete